LabxDB is versatile open-source solution for organizing and sharing structured data. LabxDB provides a toolkit to build browser-based graphical interface and REST interfaces to databases. Any table including nested tables in SQL server can be viewed/edited within a browser. Ready-to-use databases for laboratory (plasmid collection, high-throuput sequencing, ordering, etc) are already implemented.
- Client-server architecture: multiple clients can access the database at the same time
- Support hierarchical data with unlimited number of nested levels
- Easy to add new databases using example databases provided
- Limited external dependencies for minimal long-term maintenance
- Open source license (MPL-2.0)
Databases are implemented using LabxDB for biology lab (see architecture for detailed description):
- LabxDB seq: High-throughput sequencing data
- Lab collections: plasmid, cell lines, fish or fly lines
- Lab management: Order (purchase)
This documentation is available as a printable manual.
LabxDB is licensed under the terms of the Mozilla Public License 2.0.